Every June 8th I am reminded how much I am loved, blessed and surrounded. This year I want to donate this precious feeling to minority groups who are maltreated, alienated and oppressed.
My Facebook wall receives more than 100 “Happy Birthday” messages. Reading the names of those who thought about me on my special day overwhelms me with joy. Over the past few years, this became an awaited part of my birthday celebration.
This year I decided to deactivated my Facebook wall to donate the traffic to human right causes that I believe are worthy of our compassion and attention.
Please donate as little as 10 minutes of your time to learn more about the unique and courageous work done in Lebanon by the following organizations:For womyn’s rights:
- Nasawiya: “a feminist collective”
- Kafa: “enough violence & exploitation”
- Support rights of migrant workers in Lebanon: a Facebook page
- Migrant Rights: “to raise awareness about the plight of migrant workers in the Middle East”
- Helem: “Lebanese protection for LGBTIQ”
- Meem: “a community of queer women & transgender persons in Lebanon”
- Raynbow: “to empower and support the LGBT movement in Lebanon”
- Marsa: First all-inclusive free sexual health clinic in the Arab world
- Think Positive: Breaking the silence around HIV positivity in Lebanon
- The Arab Foundation for Freedoms and Equality (AFE): “to support activists working for sexual and bodily rights”
Thank you for reading.
… and happy Birthing day to my amazing mom.